You can set up a Snap Mobile Anywhere survey that allows the interviewer to save responses and continue later.
The survey must include a Save button (specified in the Buttons section of the Questionnaire properties in Snap), for interviewers to be able to resume saved surveys from where they were when they saved it. The partial survey is also available for analysis.
This worksheet shows how to include a Save button in your Snap Mobile Anywhere survey using Snap Professional. It then describes how the survey behaves when the Save button is selected and the options available to the interviewer in terms of managing the partial response. It is assumed that you are familiar with creating, uploading and gaining access to a survey for Snap Mobile Anywhere. If you are not familiar with these processes, please follow this interactive tutorial before continuing https://www.snapsurveys.com/e-learning/getting-started-mobile/.
Summary of steps
- Step 1: Including a Save button in your survey
- Step 2: Saving a partial survey response
- Step 3: Managing partial survey responses
Step 1: Including a save button in your survey
- Open the survey in the Questionnaire window (Design Mode) and select Questionnaire Properties
- Choose Buttons from the Section side menu and select Save within the Button settings pane.
- Check the Use in survey box and click OK
- Now publish and upload your survey to Snap WebHost and start the survey when ready.
- Now log into the Snap Mobile Anywhere app on your device and you should see the survey appear in your survey list.
- If the survey hasn’t appeared in the list you can check that it is available by clicking on the sync icon and this will update your list of available surveys.
Step 2: Saving a partial survey response
- Press the Save button during the interview
Snap Mobile Anywhere will save your progress and open a new window to provide a name for your partial response.
- Specify a unique name for the response.
- Press Save
Once you have chosen a name and pressed Save, you will be taken to the Manage Partials screen.
- Press < (in the app) to return to the Survey List
Step 3: Managing partial survey responses
If a survey includes partial responses, an icon will appear adjacent to the survey’s name in the Survey List screen.
- Press the icon and the Manage Partials window will open
Here, you can resume, submit or delete individual partial responses. It is also possible to start a new interview, submit all or delete all.
3.1 Resume a partial response
To resume a partial response press on the saved name of the partial.
The interview will begin from where it was saved. You can then continue and submit the response, or save it again.
If you save the partial response again, you will overwrite the previous one. The name of the saved partial cannot be changed.
3.2 Delete a partial response
Press the Delete icon to delete the partial response.
It is worth noting that this action cannot be undone.
3.3 Submit a partial response
Press the Submit icon to close the partial response and submit it to Snap WebHost.
The response will be synchronised according to the Synchronise settings.
3.4 Start a new interview
Select the New Interview icon on the bottom menu bar to start a new interview.
You will be returned to the Manage Partials screen on exiting the interview.
3.5 Delete all partial responses
Press the Delete All icon on the bottom menu bar to delete all partial responses.
3.6 Submit all partial responses
Press the Submit All icon on the bottom menu bar to close and submit all partial responses.
The responses will be synchronised according to the Synchronise settings.
This worksheet has described how to set up and manage options to save and resume partially completed survey responses within Snap Mobile Anywhere.
If there is a topic you would like a worksheet on, email to firstname.lastname@example.org