System Requirements for Snap Professional (and Network edition) Software
- Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/ 8.1 (x86/x64) or Windows 10.
- Windows Server 2008 or later required for network edition.
- A modern PC with at least 250Mb of spare disk capacity.
- Server install requires 400Mb on server and 25Mb on clients.
Additional System requirements for Snap Scanning
- Requires an ISIS compatible scanner, or a scanner able to produce TIFF or PDF images.
- Disk space of 50-150kb per side for scanned pages.
Additional System requirements for Snap Mobile Anywhere
- Apple iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch running iOS5 or later.
- Android tablets or smartphones running version 4.0 or later.
- Amazon Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD tablets.
- Windows based laptops, tablets and kiosks running Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 (x86/x64, not RT) or Windows 10 with Microsoft Internet Explorer version 7 or later.
- An Internet connection is required to synchronise surveys and data.
Additional System requirements for Snap WebHost Server installation
- Windows Server 2008 or later.
- Microsoft IIS V7.0 or later.
- 2.0Ghz+ Dual Core processor.
- 4GB of memory.
- 100GB RAID hard drive.
- Data at Rest Encryption on servers at our data centre uses AES encryption.
- We use 1024 bit RSA encryption to store data on mobile devices.
- Up to 65,000 questions/variables per survey.
- Up to 2,000 answer codes per question.
- Up to 10,000 characters per literal response.
- Up to 1,000 characters for question and code labels.
- 3 Missing values on each question – No Reply, Not Asked and Errors.
- Up to 100,000 respondents per survey. (100 million with DBX extension).
- Up to 1,000,000 characters per case.
- Spell checker.
- Four methods of data entry for paper, CATI and CAPI, on-screen interviewing and specialist key-data entry modes.
- Automated data import of e-mail responses from web surveys.
- Maximum size table of 2,000 rows by 2,000 columns.
- Maximum of 125 characters for definition of analysis, break or filter field.
- Maximum of 8 digits in a table cell.
Import / Export
- Raw data can be imported into Snap in a flat ASCII file, comma, tab or space separated. Excel data will be accepted as text fields rather than codes.
- Results can be exported to other software packages for further manipulation – Triple S, SPSS SAV format, Office products.
- Export of results as HTML files for inclusion on websites.
- Data import from email clients using MAPI or POP3 protocols. (NB: 64 bit versions of Outlook 2010 or later no longer support MAPI).