Snap Surveys provides survey software and web based survey services to a wide variety of organizations worldwide. We have offices in the UK in central London and Bristol, and in the US in Portsmouth, NH.
Our customers include national and local government bodies, universities, charities and a wide variety of commercial organizations, including market research organizations undertaking research projects for their own customers.
One consequence of this global coverage is that requirements arise from time to time for Snap as an organization, or one or more of Snap’s products and services, or certain data or systems, to comply with particular laws, standards or regulations in various parts of the world.
It is precisely because of the inherent diversity of such requirements, and the control that individual customers have over survey invitations, content and presentation of questionnaires, together with the data gathered, that Snap has chosen one overarching security standard to cover all systems.
International gold standard security
Snap Surveys takes seriously its obligation to provide all our customers worldwide with survey software and services that conform to the best available security, accessibility, and professional guidelines.
That’s why we are proud to be independently audited and certified by Marketing Quality Assurance as being compliant with ISO 27001, the internationally recognised gold standard for information security systems.
The following is an extract from the ISO website:
ISO 27001 assists organisations in the development of an information security management system that is integrated, comprehensive and incorporates globally-recognised best practices. For example, this global standard has assisted organisations in the US comply with such regulatory acts as:
- The Health Insurance Portability and Availability Act (HIPAA)
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
- The Californian Senate Bill 1386
- Online Personal Protection Act
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)
- Federal Information Security Management Act
For more information about ISO standards see:
Host data in the UK, the US, or on your own servers
We understand that data location is an important consideration. That’s why we have packages available through which you can choose dedicated US or UK based servers if that is preferred or required. You can also install Snap’s survey management system on your own servers.
Snap Surveys UK and US based data centres are hosted at Rackspace and UKFast, and are both ISO 27001 certified. We carefully selected our hosting providers as they offer the same high standards of information security, so you can be sure your data is safe with us.
As an alternative to our online subscription service, you can also run our online survey management system on your own servers. A growing number of our customers are choosing this option as it offers complete control over your surveys and data. This might be considered the highest possible level of compliance with HIPAA for example, as keeping all protected data on the covered entity’s systems means no business associates are required.
If you have specific requirements above and beyond the assurance provided by ISO 27001 we are very happy to discuss them with you.
Secure online survey delivery
Snap WebHost is the online questionnaire delivery, analysis and reporting service operated by Snap Surveys. Security levels are maintained both for the service itself, for the platform it is running on, and for the backup and support services behind it.
Data security is our top priority and is not optional. The security package is standard on all new accounts, and comprises:
- ISO/IEC 27001 certified
- UK(EU) and US data centres
- US data centres are SAS 70 / SSAE 16 certified
- Secure (https), encrypted questionnaire and report delivery
- Data encrypted at rest
- Permanent malware scanning
- Latest security updates applied
- Daily vulnerability scan
- Daily backups
- Optional questionnaire login ID / password
- Enforced password policy for survey management
Surveys accessible to all
Snap Web questionnaires are compliant with WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) devised by W3C (the World Wide Web Consortium) and with US Section 508 requirements. For details see accessibility.
Although some aspects of WCAG compliance are the responsibility of the user, Snap Surveys software includes many features that enable the production of questionnaires that go well beyond those requirements. We work with both RNIB (Royal National Institute of Blind People) and Action on Hearing Loss (previously RNID) to ensure that we provide as much support as we possibly can for users and respondents with impairments.
Snap Surveys Corporate Professional and Commercial “Best Practice” Bodies
- ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information technology, Security techniques, Information security management systems certification
- ISO 9001:2015 quality certification (the International Kitemark for Quality Control, Management and Customer focus)
- ISO 20252:2012 market research processes certification (international standard for the Market Research Industry)
- Corporate member of the Association for Survey Computing (www.asc.org.uk)
- Founding Member of the Triple-S Group (www.triple-s.org)
- Individual staff Members and Fellows of the British Computer Society
- Individual staff Associate and Full Members of the Market Research Society
- Corporate member Insights Association
- Corporate member Council of American Survey Research Organizations
- Better Business Bureau Accredited Business
- Registered supplier to the US Government under the GSA Schedule
Snap Surveys Limited and Snap Surveys NH, Inc. are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Software Legal and Service Agreements
Snap Surveys Software, legal, and service agreements including; 30 day money back guarantee, Customer Support and Piracy Policy.
We have always taken data protection and the security of all of your data (whether personal or not) very seriously. Since 2013 we have been certified to ISO 27001, the international standard for best practice for information security management systems. We have been preparing for the GDPR for over a year by building on our ISO and Data Protection Act compliance frameworks.