Snap guru Nathan Pritchard and Senior Researcher Alex Green share hints and tips to help you work smarter, be more productive, and get better insight from your data.
Webinar topics include:
- Choosing the right chart styles for your survey data
- Essential considerations for building tables and charts
- Customising, saving and reusing chart styles
- Techniques to communicate complex data simply
The following short videos are taken from the same webinar:
- Create, save and retrieve a simple table 4m 17s
- Show percents in tables 2m 38s
- Create and customise bar and pie charts 08m 29s
- Chart results to rating scale questions 05m 07s
- Create a table of quantity response questions 03m 02s
- Options to customise charts 07m 01s
- Context Analysis: Tailor analyses and reports to specific participant groups 08m 22s
The Crocodile Rock Cafe sample survey used in the webinar contains an example of every analysis style available in Snap. Its a great resource for anyone interested in exploring Snaps powerful analysis capabilities.
Click here to download the Crocodile Rock Cafe sample survey
This will download an archived copy of the survey, containing data, analyses and reports. This can be restored from the Survey Overview window. If you have not restored a survey from an archive before, you can view a step-by-step guide here.
What is a survey archive?
Creating a back-up (archive) of your survey work protects against accidental loss or damage to your survey files, and also enables you to revert to earlier versions of your survey if required. If you would like to know more about archiving and restoring surveys, take a look at the Back up surveys using archive and restore Interactive tutorial, in which we explore the subject in more detail.
Prebuilt and custom reports
Download an example of the default Questionnaire and Summary reports, as well as the three reports Nathan and Alex referred to during the webinar.
(Note: the below reports can also be produced from the Crocodile Rock survey archive):
- Crocodile Rock Cafe – Charts
- Crocodile Rock Cafe – Tables
- Crocodile Rock Cafe – XTabs
- Crocodile Rock Cafe – Questionnaire
- Crocodile Rock Cafe – Summary
If you’d like to find out more about analysis in Snap, the following Interactive tutorials will tell you everything you need to get started.
Analysis Essentials: Variables, Missing Values, Data View Mode and Filters
Learn the essential basics of data analysis in Snap, including how to build complex filters – an essential skill for survey logic as well as for data analysis.
- View and prepare variables for analysis
- Use Missing Values in your analysis
- Compile complex filters for check box and open style questions
- View results and apply filters in Data View mode
Viewing, customising the default questionnaire and Summary reports
Snap Questionnaire and Summary reports give a detailed summary of survey results, and may provide all the detail you need. But did you know they can be modified and filtered to produce tailored reports for each reader, for example an individual, region, department or team?
- View the default Questionnaire and Summary reports
- Customise the layout and content of the reports
- Add filters to tailor the report for specific readers
Couldn’t find what you were looking for?
We’re working to add the resources you need to the Support Hub. If you think there’s a topic we should cover, please let us know by completing this form.