Use online survey software to create career self-assessment surveys
A career self assessment survey is a useful tool for determining the direction in which you want to take your career. Career surveys help people to identify unique interests, skills, and values as they relate to employment options. Students in high school and college frequently make use of career assessment resources such as an available online career survey to help them assess and decide on the direction they want to take their career. An online survey software solution is an effective solution for developing career assessment surveys.
Using online survey software, a career survey can help a student explore not only their career options, but also assist in the research of college, graduate, and professional or trade schools. Career surveys are an excellent tool to help students choose a major in college, change career focus, or decide if further professional training is needed. Online survey software solutions can be utilized to create career surveys for career planning and placement, student development, and learning strategies. In fact, workers in the following fields can use online survey software to create valuable career surveys.
- Guidance Counseling
- Career Counseling
- Career Development Centers
- Job Placement Agencies
- Human Resources Departments (for internal placement)
- High Schools
- Colleges and Universities in Career Services Centers
Completing an online career survey is often the first step in career planning. Career surveys help individuals obtain an in-depth awareness into oneself to make an informed career decision. An online career survey can inform an individual as to what they like or don’t like. It can also uncover how an individual would react under certain working situations such as dealing with stress and pressure.
A career survey can assess an individual’s:
- Values – areas that are important, such as self-sufficiency, achievements, or reputation
- Interests – leisure activities that an individual enjoys such as photography, golf, or sewing
- Personality – Connection to an individual’s attitudes, needs, traits, and motivational factors
- Skills – Abilities that an individual possesses such as writing, analytical, computer programming, and research
A career survey is a valuable self-assessment tool that has many functional applications at both the individual or organizational level. A well-designed career survey utilizing online survey software can help lead a person to career satisfaction and long-term success.