10 Great Tips for Administering Online Surveys
- Create a good first impression on the survey email invitation or introduction on the survey’s website. Avoid bulk-emailing programs if possible, unless they use identified email addresses.
- Give the survey a short, clear title. A comprehensible survey title will provide more impact to a respondent and give your online survey credibility.
- Be clear in your survey instructions on how to properly complete the online survey. Use short, direct sentences with simple vocabulary.
- Place non-threatening and interesting survey questions first. It will encourage respondents to continue on and complete the entire online survey.
- Place your important survey questions early in the questionnaire. If the respondent chooses not to finish your online survey, you have collected the most preferred information upfront.
- Offer survey respondents incentives for completing your online surveys such as a small gift or a discount on their next purchase.
- Make the online surveys easy and convenient to complete. If the majority of your respondents will access your online surveys using mobile devices, be sure to optimize your surveys for mobile devices. Many respondents are on-the-go and prefer the opportunity to take a mobile survey.
- Difficult to answer or potentially threatening questions should be placed at the end of the survey.
- Survey questions that have related content should always be grouped together.
- Avoid survey questions that could influence the answers to subsequent questions.
Learn more about Snap Survey Software and how it can guide you through the online survey design process, click here.