Quotas and Screen Outs for mobile interviewing
In Snap Offline Interviewer, you can see the quotas and screen outs that are set up for each survey. The totals are displayed next to each survey on the selection page.
Setting up quotas and screen outs
The main difference when using quotas and screen outs for mobile interviewing is that the default message is always shown when the target is met. The URL is not used in mobile interviewing.
Viewing quotas and screen outs for a mobile survey
- In Snap Desktop, create an online survey with your quotas and screen outs. In this example, the survey has one quota and one screen out. The quota is set up to collect responses from different age groups. The screen out is set up to interview only people who are 18 years old and over.
- In Snap Online, the survey is set to allow mobile interviewing. This is described in more detail in Setting up a survey for mobile interviewing.
- In Snap Online, publish the survey and start interviewing.
- Log into Snap Offline Interviewer. The surveys are shown on the selection page with the number of responses required and the overall target.
- Select the survey. A summary of the quotas and screen outs are displayed.
- Select the Open Survey option at the bottom of the page. The first page of the survey is displayed, and interviewing can begin.
- As interviewing takes place, the number of responses is stored locally. Following synchronization, the required numbers are updated from the server to include responses added from other sources.
- When the target for a quota is met the message is shown when the interviewer attempts to interview another person.
- When the screen out is triggered, the message is shown when the interviewer moves to the next question.
How quotas and screen outs are updated for a mobile survey
When an interview takes place, and a response is submitted the quota or screen out totals are stored in a local cache on the device. When the survey responses are synchronized, the server sends the updated quota and screen out totals, which include responses to the survey from other interviewers and other editions. When the quotas and screen out targets are met then no further interviews can take place. As there is a delay between a mobile interview taking place and the responses being synchronized, this can result in quotas and screen outs exceeding their targets.
The quotas and screen outs are also applied when submitting partial responses.