Deleting a survey in Snap XMP
When the survey has closed and the response data is no longer needed then the survey should be deleted, especially if it contains personal data. This worksheet describes how to delete surveys in Snap Desktop and Snap Online.
Deleting a survey in Snap Online
- After logging into Snap Online, Your work is displayed.
- Select the survey you want to delete. Online surveys are also deleted from Snap Desktop keeping the online surveys synchronized in both Snap Desktop and Snap Online.
There are four states of a survey. This is shown on the Summary tab for the survey.
- Not started where the survey has not yet been published
- Interviewing in progress/Started where the survey has been published and interviewing has started
- Paused where the survey has been published, interviewing has started and is now paused
- Closed/Stopped where the survey has been published, interviewing has taken place and is now closed.
Check the state of the survey on the Summary tab. If the status is Interviewing in progress or Paused then you are advised to stop interviewing prior to deleting the survey.
- Click the Collect link in the Summary tab.
- In the Collect tab, click Stop Interviewing.
- Click OK to confirm that you want to stop interviewing
- Click Summary in the Snap Online toolbar to return to Your work and display the summary page of the selected survey.
- Click on the survey action menu, select Delete survey and a confirmation dialog is displayed.
- Click Delete to delete the survey from Snap Online. Online surveys are also deleted from Snap Desktop keeping the online surveys synchronized in both Snap Desktop and Snap Online.
Deleting a survey in Snap Desktop
- On the Snap toolbar, click Survey Overview to display the Survey Overview window.
- Select the survey you wish to delete. Online surveys are also deleted from Snap Online keeping the online surveys synchronized in both Snap Desktop and Snap Online.
- On the Survey Overview toolbar, click Delete survey to delete the survey and/or the data. When deleting a survey, you can:
- delete all variables, reports and weights (.mdf file)
- delete the survey data, if available (.rdf file)
- delete the temporary back up files (.mdo/.rdo file)
- Select the components of the survey that you wish to delete and click Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm your selection on the warning message.
- If you have created archives of the survey these should also be deleted.
If there is a topic you would like a tutorial on, please email email@example.com.