Amending an individual’s information held in Snap XMP
There may be situations that require you to amend data relating to a survey participant in your Snap XMP data, for example when an individual exercises their right to rectification as part of GDPR compliance.
The participant data held in Snap XMP that you may need to amend includes:
- the participants’ submitted response data
- the participant details used for the email invitations and survey login information
Amending submitted responses held within the survey
Amending the response data is done in Snap XMP Desktop. The following steps outline the process.
- In Snap XMP Desktop, open the Survey Overview window .
- Select the online or offline survey that you need to amend, and open by pressing Enter. If it is an offline survey that is not displayed, use Browse to find the folder containing it.
- For an online survey, the responses synchronize when the survey is opened. If required, you can synchronize your survey responses by clicking Synchronize Responses on the main Snap Toolbar.
- Open the Data Entry window .
- Find the responses and amend the data as necessary. Use Filter Cases to help you find any responses from the participant.
- Save the changes .
- For offline surveys you may have archive files; you can update them by overwriting the archived data. In the Survey Overview window, select the survey and click Archive Survey .
- A generated file name with the .adf extension is defaulted. If required, change the location and file name to match the archived file you wish to overwrite, by clicking Browse.
- Check the Include Raw Data box to include the case data in your archive.
- Click OK to archive the survey. If the survey has previously been archived to that location, you will be asked if you want to overwrite the existing file. Click Yes.
- A confirmation message is displayed when the archived is completed. Click OK.
Note: To fully amend the data, all previously created archive files, cloned surveys, or other copies of the survey data that specifically identify the individual also need to be amended. This includes re-running any reports containing information that can identify the individual participant.
Amending a participant’s details from the mailing and logins list
In a survey that uses a list of participants to provide email invitations and/or logins, you may need to update the participants’ information. The participants’ details for a survey are initially uploaded from a database or file in Snap XMP Desktop or Snap XMP Online. The details should be first updated in the source database or file. The following instructions show how to upload to Snap XMP Desktop or Snap XMP Online again.
Amending in Snap XMP Desktop
- Open your database of participants and make the relevant amendments. (If you have uploaded multiple database files to your survey already, you can create a new database with just the necessary participants’ details, clone the existing database link and select the new file.)
- In Snap XMP Desktop, open the survey that is linked to the database of participants.
- Choose File | Database links, select the relevant database link and click Run.
- In the Run Database Link dialog, select Update Participants in the Participants and Seeding list.
- Click OK to update the participants’ email invitation and login information.
Amending in Snap XMP Online
- Open your Excel, CSV or TSV file and make the relevant amendments.
- In Snap XMP Online, select the survey that is linked to the participants’ file.
- In the Summary tab, click the Collect link.
- Select Participants in the side menu and then select the Participant list. This shows a list of all the participants for the survey.
- Click Upload Participants, select the updated participant file and click Next.
- There are three options. Select Update Participants to update with the changes made to the participant file.
- Click Next to proceed through the Upload Participants wizard. Click Upload to update the participants’ email invitation and login information.
If there is a topic you would like a worksheet on, email to email@example.com