Setting up email invites for online surveys
This section describes how you can set up email invitations to provide your participants with the information they need to join and complete your survey.
- Open the survey in Snap Desktop.
- Click Database Links on the toolbar or select File | Database links to display the Database Links dialog box.
- Click New to create a new database link. The Database Linkage Wizard is displayed.
- Select the Online Invites/Logins/Seeding radio button as the Linkage Type. This is the default option.
- Click Next to move to the Select Database page.
- Here you can select the link to your participants’ data. This will depend on the format in which your data is stored.
- Click Select Database File and browse to the Excel or MS Access file containing the participants’ data. This needs to include a unique id, such as a username or login id.
- Click Build Data Link to build a link to an Oracle or SQL Database with the same information.
- The Select the Table to use drop-down automatically displays a table name. If this is not the table you require, select a different table from the list. If you wish to filter the respondents so that this survey is only available to some members of the database, set an appropriate filter in the Where condition box. Click Next.
- On the next page you need to choose whether you will send email invitations to ask participants to complete your survey and whether participants will log in. Select the option Send email invitations only. Click Next.
Setting up a Log in is described in the section Setting up logins for online surveys.
- The next step in the wizard is to create the email invitation and reminder. Here you can design your email invitation and reminder.
- Set the email address field to be the appropriate database field in the drop-down list.
- You will need to insert the Survey Location into the main body of the email. This will let your participants know where your survey is located.
- Click Next. You will see a summary of what the database link does.
- Enter a name for the link and click Finish.