- Open the Reference window by clicking on the main toolbar or select File|Reference.
- It shows, when opening, either the default or the most recently selected SurveyPak or offline survey.
- You can see all the recently viewed SurveyPaks and/or offline surveys in the currently selected directory from the drop down list.
- To change directory, click Browse.
- The Open Reference dialog opens. Here you can choose a new directory, SurveyPak or survey. The Files of type field contains options to view SurveyPaks and Surveys, SurveyPaks or Surveys. Only offline surveys will be shown.
- Select the SurveyPak or survey and click Open to load into the Reference window.
- Select File|New…|SurveyPak. The New SurveyPak dialog appears.
- By default, the new SurveyPak will have a name based on your most recently opened SurveyPak and will be stored in the same directory. Click the Browse button to choose a new name and/or directory.
- Select the default language for your survey.
- Change the suggested name of the initial topic folder.
- Click OK.
- The Reference window will open and display your new SurveyPak.
You can copy an existing SurveyPak. You can then make changes to the new version while leaving the old one untouched.
- Open the SurveyPak to copy in the Reference window and then select File|Save As…
- The Browse window will open. By default, the new SurveyPak will have a name based on your most recently opened SurveyPak and will be stored in the same directory. Click the Browse… button to choose a new name and/or directory.
- Click OK.The Reference window will open and display your new SurveyPak.
- Once you have defined your questions, you may wish to prevent other people from editing them. You can keep them in a password-protected SurveyPak. Open the SurveyPak as normal.
- If you are not in edit mode, click and then click the on the edit toolbar. The Set Password dialog appears.
- Check the Protect SurveyPak with a password box to add a password to your SurveyPak. Once you have added a password, you can remove it by clearing the box and re-entering the password.
If you do not put variables into a topic, they will be placed under the No Topic symbol ( ). You can place them there directly if you are unsure which topic to place them in.