Snap XMP Help
Categorising date responses
Using a Derived Single Response variable is used to group Q1a, “When did you visit the restaurant?” into suitable ranges for analysis on a table or chart.
- Click to display the Variables window.
- Click to add a new variable.
- Specify the Variable details:
- Name: Date
- Label: Quarterly visits
- Type: Derived (the variable will derive its data from the existing date of visit question).
- Response: Single (each respondent will fall into only one of the new codes as there is only one date of visit per case).
- Specify the Code Details as shown in the example below. Any recognisable date format can be used in the Value specification.
- Click to save the variable. The variable can then be used in tables and charts in the usual way.