In these surveys, you upload your respondent database in WebHost, but survey responses are not linked to a given respondent. Respondents are not tracked to identify whether they have responded, although if a respondent opts out of the survey WebHost will record this to ensure that they do not receive reminder emails.
What you need:
- A unique email address for each respondent.
- Open a survey in Snap Professional.
- Click on the toolbar or select File | Database Link to display the Database Linkage dialog box.
- Click New to create a new database link. The Database Wizard dialog is displayed.
- Select WebHost Invites/Logins/Seeding option. Click Next to select the database file.
- Click Select Database File... and browse to the Excel or MS Access file containing the respondent email address, Click Next.
- As WebHost will not be tracking responses select Send email invitations only. Click Next.
- The next box is the email invitations step of the Database Link Wizard. This has two functions:
- Tell WebHost which database field contains the respondent email address.
- Allows you to design an email that will be uploaded to WebHost – you can also design the email in WebHost.
- Check the Use HTML emails if you wish to have styled HTML emails.
- Set the Email address field option; select the appropriate unique email address from the drop down menu.
- Add a subject heading in the Email subject and text box.
- Type the email message in the large open box. To progress to the next stage you must:
- Insert a survey location using the Insert | Survey Location option. The Link Text will change the text of the displayed survey location.
- Insert a link enabling your respondents to opt out of the survey using the Insert | Survey Opt Out option.
- You can also insert additional information from your database using the Insert | Database Field option.
- You can make changes or add additional design elements to the email invite when the survey has been uploaded to WebHost.
- The Reminder text is copied automatically from the initial invite.
- Click Next. You will see a summary of what the database link does. Give the database link a name.
- Select Finish and Close – there is no need to click Run.
- The survey is now ready to be published and uploaded to Snap WebHost.
If there is a topic you would like a worksheet on, email to firstname.lastname@example.org