This worksheet describes how Analysis Associates can access your shared results in WebHost. Once you have created an associate account https://www.snapsurveys.com/help/index.htm#17659 and provided your customers with the required permissions, the associate can log in to WebHost at anytime and access all analyses you have made available to them. This worksheet can be provided to your customers by downloading as a PDF here.
When live analyses are shared online using Snap WebHost, the ‘associate’ are able to log in using an ‘Associate’ account and see tailored analyses. Reports can be generated that automatically configure themselves for the viewer with data updated in real time (assuming it is a live online survey). The options available to the associate are described in this worksheet.
Summary of steps
Note: Downloading to CSV, viewing custom analyses and creating custom analyses will only be available if the researcher has set the required permissions in the associate’s account.
Step 1: Log in to Snap WebHost
- Open your web browser and navigate to https://www.snapsurveys.com/login. Alternatively, browse to www.snapsurveys.com and select the in the menu bar at the top of the page.
- Enter the username and password (created for the associate) and click .
- Once in the Surveys section of Snap WebHost the associate is able to choose the required survey by clicking on its name.
Step 2: Download data to CSV
The Summary part of the Analyze tab provides summary information about the survey, as well as a link to download the total number of cases in the survey to a CSV file format. This can then be imported to Snap Desktop.
- Click the Download CSV Data link and save the file to the desired location.
Step 3: View analyses and reports
- Click on the Reports tab. Here, the associate will find any reports that have been assigned to that account. These will typically include 3 default reports automatically generated by Snap based on the variables used in the questionnaire. The reports available to each associate (and the ability to filter them) are set when the Associate Account is created.
Additionally you can set a specific level of access that each associate has to the reports. For example, a general office manager will need to access reports specific to their own office, whereas an area manager will require access to reports for all offices within their region.
- Click on Summary Report. The summary report generates a chart, table or list for every question in the questionnaire (excluding date and time variables).
The Filters tab allows the associate to edit the report by running it for a specific subset of the data. For example it might be required to run the report for Bristol customers only.
The report can also be updated (to show the latest data) and downloaded (PDF) at anytime.
- Select the Analyze tab.
Under the Analyze tab you will find any stored tables, charts, clouds or lists that you may have uploaded. As with the reports, if the survey is live the analyses stored here will reflect all responses collected so far.
- Click on the name (AN1) to open the analysis and if required.
Step 4: Create custom analyses
As well as viewing saved analyses, the associate may also be able to create their own (dependent on account settings). If this option is available:
- Choose Custom analysis.
The Properties tab will now be open in right hand window. This contains the main settings for defining the contents of the analysis.
Variables in the Analysis field define the rows of the table and variables in the Break field define the columns of the table. You can also add filter expressions in the Filter field to define the case to include in the analysis. The Calculate drop down together with tick box options on the right defines the contents of the table.
- Type Q0 into the Analysis field and Q10 into the Break field.
- Check the Analysis percents box.
- Click OK.
- You will now be presented with the table in the Results tab. Select the Properties tab to edit the table.
This worksheet has described how to log in to a Snap WebHost Associate account, download data to CSV, view default and stored analyses and create custom analyses.
You may also be interested in tailoring your reports and analyses for associates.
If there is a topic you would like a worksheet on, email to email@example.com.