Survey responses saved in Snap WebHost can be downloaded and imported with a single click – there’s no need to log in to Snap WebHost to access new survey replies. Just link your survey and Snap WebHost account, and you’ll be notified as soon as new survey data is available. This step-by-step guide shows you how to:
- Link your survey and Snap WebHost account
- Download and import data into your survey
Note: This step-by-step guide describes how to retrieve online survey replies using Direct Download, available for surveys created in Snap Professional builds 11.18 and newer. Click here to upgrade to the latest build. You cannot use Direct Download with surveys created in older versions of Snap Professional.
Step 1 – Link your survey with a Snap WebHost account
- Click to open Questionnaire Properties
- Select the Replies section
- Select the ‘Direct Download’ checkbox. Survey responses will now be stored in Snap WebHost, and can be downloaded to the survey for analysis.
- Now you need to specify the WebHost account to which this survey will be uploaded. Click ‘Change Account’.
- Publish and upload the survey to the specified Snap WebHost account.
Step 2- Download and import data into your survey
- Open the survey into which you wish to import the survey response. If responses are available, the Direct Download button will turn blue:
- Click to begin Direct Download. Any new responses will be downloaded and imported into Snap desktop, ready for analysis.
Direct download is available from build 11.18 onwards, Click here to upgrade to the latest build. If you are not on the latest version of Snap and cannot upgrade, the links below will explain how to receive and import responses as email and as a text file. You can also view responses as a CSV file, however data in this form cannot be imported into Snap.
- Retrieving emailed survey data
- Entering data from paper questionnaires
- Download and import survey data as a text file
- View Survey data in CSV file (not for import into Snap)
- Direct Download tailoring
- Publishing the questionnaire
If there is a topic you would like a worksheet on, email to firstname.lastname@example.org