Snap scanning module features
- Use the templates supplied in the standard Snap Questionnaire Design window to generate scannable questionnaires
- Or mark up your own questionnaire format generated outside of Snap
- Use patterns to improve the recognition of hand-printed text responses
- Scan responses to paper questionnaires automatically
- Automatically orients individual pages
- Handles questionnaires of virtually any size
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) with calibration and deskew capabilities compatible with most scanners
- Records images of open-ended responses for later keying
- Includes a comprehensive data cleaning section which maintains a record of which cases have been scanned and interpreted and which have outstanding issues
- Reads multiple choice replies, numbers and hand-printed text
- Records images of open-ended responses for printing, searching, coding or keying
- Automatic recognition of altered/crossed out replies
- Perform all the standard analyses available in Snap Survey Software
- Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 (x86/x64 CPU).
- A Pentium processor with a clock speed of 166Mhz or faster
- A minimum of 64Mb of RAM.
- 165Mb – 400Mb of available hard disk for Server and Stand-alone installs
- 25 Mb of available hard disk for Client installs
* You will require a standalone Snap Professional survey software license to which the Snap scanning module is added.
When deciding on the best scanner for your survey projects, think about the amount of usage you will make of your scanner as this will help you to choose the most appropriate scanner for your needs.
- Occasional use up to 500 sheets/day
- Regular use up to 1,000 sheets/day
- Heavy use 1,000+ sheets/day
For advice on which model best suits your requirements, please contact your preferred hardware supplier. The scanner needs to be:
- A ISIS compatible scanner
- Scanner must be capable of producing a TIFF image
- Available hard-disk space of 50-150k per side required for scanned pages
» Contact an Account Manager to find out more about scanning paper questionnaires with Snap Survey Software.