Housing surveys: an overview
Here’s a quick round-up of some of the talking points at the recent Snap Surveys housing seminars.
Housing survey trends
Three factors remain priorities for many who conduct social housing surveys:
- Promoting tenant participation
- Demonstrating that services give value for money
- Showing accountability.
Other trends we spotted at the housing seminars included organisations opting to run online versions of surveys alongside postal versions, and having one person as a main contact point to schedule and control surveys, and ensure they have a consistent look and feel.
Another factor is the importance of using your survey information to improve services. Charlie Teare, Aster Group, recommends:
- Making your consultation as targeted as possible
- Using historical, internal and external benchmarking to identify issues and progress
- Using KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) to track your improvement.