Tips to Deliver a Better Customer Service Experience
It is not a new revelation that customer service has a tremendous influence on customer satisfaction. In fact, research studies have shown that bad customer service accounts for as much as 70% of all lost customers. Customer Satisfaction is a leading factor to the success of your business. A high level of customer satisfaction will bring you loyal customers, therefore a huge potential for customers to: buy more often; buy with a higher order value / volume; and likely to refer your business to new customers. To measure your buesiness’s level of customer satisfaction, it is important to develop a plan to survey your customers and analyze feedback with the help of advanced online survey software. Using a good online survey software tool is a key component to the entire process.
A great customer service experience comes down to a simple process: Sell a product or service that works, and be nice to your customers. Sounds simple, right? But this statement simply defines what a good customer experience is. So how does your business turn a good customer experience into a great customer experience?
Shep Hyken, professional speaker and NY Times & Wall Street Journal bestselling author in the topic of customer service, gives 20 quick tips that will help any company deliver amazing customer service, noted in his posting on 20 Tips on How to Deliver an Amazing Customer Service Experience.
20 Tips to Deliver a Better Customer Service Experience
1. Manage first impressions. They set the tone.
2. Manage last impressions. They create “lasting” impressions.
3. Show up on time. Being late is a sign of disrespect to the people waiting.
4. Always do your best.
5. Smile. It’s better than a frown or an expression of apathy.
6. Be accountable. Don’t blame others and accept responsibility.
7. If a problem comes your way, you own it, even if it is not your department.
8. Even if you own the problem (see # 7), and you do have to pass it on to someone else, circle back with the customer to make sure it has been resolved.
9. Show up early.
10. Stay late.
11. Do more than is expected.
12. Under promise and over deliver.
13. Be proactive.
14. Build rapport.
15. Aim for perfection, even if it is not a reality.
16. If there is a problem, respond quickly.
17. Return calls quickly.
18. Care! Don’t just act like you care. Really care!
19. Be enthusiastic.
20. Always say, “thank you.”
Learn more about Online Survey Software.
Learn more about Shep Hyken.